How do I publish my images?
To publish your images you must be registered in our system. The publishing of your images is done in 3 steps:
1.- You should select add images in your profile in the options that appear on the right. With the advanced add images you can publish up to 30 images of 700 kb in jpg at once, remember that there is neither a time nor “mega” limit for the publication of your images in Blipoint.
2.- Once you have selected the images you would like to publish, select the next step. It is important that you complete all of the information corresponding to your images so that they will automatically be added to the correct category and subcategory. In this way, the location of your images published through the blipoint search engine will be easier and more precise.
• Title: Write the title that identifies your image.
• Image: Select the image type: Photo, Illustration, or Graphic Design.
• Style: Select if it is in: Black and White, Color, or Sepia.
• Format: Select the format type: Square, Horizontal, or Vertical
• Write the largest number possible of key words (tags) related to the image that you want to publish (to facilitate the search in our system). Key words must be separated by commas and spaces and only one word at a time should be written. For example: photograph, sky, woman, blonde.
3.- Select the category and subcategory to which the image belongs.
And finally, select the send button.
We recommend that you make sure that your image has been published correctly within your profile.
Is it free to publish the images?
In Blipoint you can publish all of your images at no cost to you. It is an intelligent, free, self-managing platform. You simply need to be registered.
Will my images have some kind of protection once they have been published?
We look for the best tools to protect the images that our Blipoint users publish. The system automatically compresses them to 72 dpi, respecting their original size, and a watermark with the Blipoint logo is automatically added to them. In this way, they cannot be used.
Is there a time or “mega” limit for my published images?
In Blipoint you can publish all of your images without a time or “mega” limit. You can publish all of the images that you want and keep them in your profile for the time that you wish since you also have the option to edit it.
What is a premium gallery?
Professional virtual space for photographers Illustrators and graphic designers.
• Unlimited number of image galleries.
• 10 giga capacity for storing images in high resolution, for the time you’ve signed up for: In your Premium account, you have a 10 giga capacity for storing all of your images in high resolution, in a secure and effective way.
• You can sell your images directly to the final client in a quick, safe way: Faster because we arrange the direct sale of your images with the final client, we have the best technology in our system to offer you the greatest security for all of your published images, and we carry out a campaign in diverse media so that your publications are showcased. The more images that you upload to your galleries and the better identified they are, the greater your possibilities of making a sale.
• Show your images in better resolution: Your images should be visualized adapting themselves to the resolution of each monitor and navigator, allowing a better visualization of your published images.
• The moment that your image galleries are published, the system will recognize each one’s metadata: The correct publication of your images allows them to be catalogued and identified, with the main purpose for this being that all of our potential clients can easily and directly find all of the images in our search engine. The procedures described here meet the global standards of news photography and IPTC regulations, is the International Press Telecommunications Council. Made up of the world’s main news agencies, newspaper editors, and other suppliers in the news sector, it’s in charge of the development and maintenance of standard techniques used for practically all of the main organizations dedicated to disseminating news around the entire world.
• You can personalize your own link: In this way you will be easily found in the search engines. Please note that once you have created your link, you will not be able to change it. You must be sure of the word or name that you want to use.
• You can be added as a favourite artist: Premium users’ images will stand out on the home page, their profile will be more visible within the listing of users, and they can also be selected as favourite artists.
• My invoices (payment process), within a Premium user’s profile, you can find the “my invoices” section, which includes the sales and invoices record.
How to publish your pictures in a premium gallery?
Step 1: When you are a premium user in Blipoint, click my galleries.
Select add galleries > choose a title and write a quick description, then click next.
Step 2: Select add files. Remember when you create a gallery you want to keep your work clearly grouped by theme.
The number of images is illimited.
You can up to 10 images at the time, the files must be in .jpg
If you expose for sale, it is recommended to upload in 300 dpi. Images will be visible through the website in lower resolution with a Blipont watermark, and can be downloaded in full resolution at the end of the sale. All files are saved on a security directory on our system.
Step 3: The system recognizes the binary coding of each image.
It is important to fill in the right info about them: title, image, style, format, category, subcategory, keywords, and select if it is meant for wholesale, exclusive sale, or not for sale at all. That info will help you get more easily recognized by our search engine and well organized in our database for easy access.
When you enter info for one image, if you want to apply the same information to all images of the gallery just find the > copy, button at the end of the info form of each image.
You can choose an image to be the gallery´s main image by selecting the checkbox underneath each image.
Once all info completed select Next step – Finish the publication.
To finalize creation of the gallery click > send and there should be a message of confirmation if it went through correctly. Once finalized, you will be able to handle galleries and edit and order them by selecting them in my galleries.
Blipoint doesn’t receive any commission for the sale of images, since we don’t act as intermediaries for the sale or purchase of images.
Why don’t I have the option to publish my images?
Only the users that select the option of being an amateur or professional photographer, illustrator, or graphic designer can publish images in Blipoint. Users registered as private individuals can not publish images. In order to change your user type, you must send an email to email@example.com
, informing about what kind of user type you would like to be registered in Blipoint as.
What do I have to do to be able to participate in the contests?
You must be registered in Blipoint, read the rules of the contest in which you want to participate, and publish your images representing the contest concept.
How do I publish a new topic in the forum?
To publish a new topic in Blipoint, you must be registered. Enter in the forum section and go to the create a new topic link, and from there you can create it and publish it in the corresponding category.
What do I have to do in order to change my user type?
To change your user type, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, asking for the change, specifying what user type you want, either amateur or professional photographer, illustrator, or graphic designer.
How do I publish my advertisement on the banner?
To publish a banner in our web, you must select that button that says advertising on top of each banner, and from this page download the form and fill out the information. You can choose a banner pre-designed by Blipoint, or send your own banner, respecting the size and type of file that we inform you about through this link: www.blipoint.com/publish_banners.html
How do I publish my advertisement in the newsletter?
If you would like your advertisement to appear in our newsletters, you must send an email to the following email address: email@example.com
, specifying all of your information and a sales person will get in contact with you.